Site Supervsion Safety Training Scheme – RefresherCITB
Please contact us for discounts and delegate rates.
Training can be carried out on customer premises if required.
Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) – Refresher
1 day (7.5 hours)
Multi choice written exam
This course is only for delegates who have previously passed the two day Site Supervision Safety training Scheme (SSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance. Re-Qualification must be obtained prior to current qualification expiring. Delegates must be competent in English at supervisor level.
Provided by CITB
Number of delegates
Minimum 4 – Maximum 20
This one day refresher course is for delegates who ave previously passed the site day Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance.
It aims to being health and safety knowledge up to date as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace.
The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by changes to procedures, and builds upon the material in the original course.
To help supervisors to :
- Supervise health and safety on site in accordance with current legislation provisions and within the context of their role.
- Develop an understanding of responsibility and accountability for site health, safety and welfare of workers on site.
- Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical, productive and environmentally friendly.
- Health and Safety law
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM)
- Health and Safety Management Systems
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Statutory Inspections and Checks
- Reporting accidents, injuries and ill health
- Leadership and worker engagement
- Health and welfare of the workforce
- First aid and emergency procedures
- Hazardous substances
- Dust and fumes
- Noise and vibration
- Manual Handling
- Site Set up and security
- Fire prevention and Control
- Plant and work equipment
- Lifting operations and lifting equipment
- Working at Height
- Underground and overhead services
- Confined Spaces
- Temporary works
- Environmental awareness
- Waste materials