Site Supervision Safety Training SchemeCITB
Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
2 day (15 hours). If not done as consecutive days must be completed within two weeks.
Multi choice question paper & trainer assessment
Delegate must be competent in English and should hold or be about to hold the role of a supervisor.
Provided by CITB
Number of delegates
Minimum 4 – Maximum 20
This two day site supervision safety training scheme (SSSTS) course is designed for those who have or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessments in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures, and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
To help supervisors to :
- Supervise health and safety on site in accordance with current legislation provisions and within the context of their role.
- Develop an understanding of responsibility and accountability for site health, safety and welfare of workers on site.
- Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical, productive and environmentally friendly.
- Health and Safety law
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM)
- Health and Safety Management Systems
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Statutory Inspections and Checks
- Reporting accidents, injuries and ill health
- Leadership and worker engagement
- Health and welfare of the workforce
- First aid and emergency procedures
- Hazardous substances
- Dust and fumes
- Noise and vibration
- Manual Handling
- Site Set up and security
- Fire prevention and Control
- Plant and work equipment
- Lifting operations and lifting equipment
- Working at Height
- Underground and overhead services
- Confined Spaces
- Temporary works
- Environmental awareness
- Waste materials