Health & Safety AwarenessCITB
Please contact us for discounts and delegate rates.
Training can be carried out on customer premises if required.
Health & Safety Awareness (HAS)
1 day (7.5 hours)
Multi choice question paper
Delegate must be competent in English at operative level. The course content is suited to all ability levels.
Provided by CITB
Number of delegates
Minimum 3 – Maximum 20
This one day health and safety course is designed to aid the understanding of potential hazards the construction worker faces on site. It provides a practical summary of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. It identifies the delegates responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, outlines the employers duties and explains what should be done if the worker thinks that anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk. The course is an ideal foundation for those wishing to obtain an industry site card. It is also an alternative route to the QCF Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment for the CSCS labourer card.
To ensure the individual health and safety responsibilities of the worker are understood:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them while on site
- How they contribute to safety of the workplace.
- Legal and general responsibilities
- Accident reporting and recording
- Health and Welfare
- First Aid and Emergency procedures
- Personal protective equipment
- Respiratory Hazards
- Noise and Vibration
- Hazardous Substances
- Manual Handling
- Safety Signs
- Fire prevention and control
- Electrical safety, work equipment and hand held tools
- Mobile plant and site vehicles
- Lifting operations and equipment
- Working at Height
- Confined Spaces
- Environmental Awareness
- Waste Materials