Fire WardenWorkplace Training
Suitable for all sectors.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The role of the Fire Marshal qualification is designed to provide the underpinning knowledge for learners to operate safely in the workplace with regards to fire safety and assist them in undertaking preventative and protective measures.
Upon completion of this course, learners will have a thorough understanding of:
- monitoring fire safety through frequent visual checks of fire escape routes, fire exit and final fire exit doorsets for obstructions, defects, signage and operational conditions
- monitoring their areas, with frequent visual checks on fire equipment
- ensuring the people in their area can hear the fire alarms
- assisting the responsible person with the fire risk assessment
- assisting the responsible person with the emergency plan
- giving fire briefings to occupants to ensure everyone understands what to do in the event of a fire, fire safety action instructions, and familiarisation with fire escape routes and assembly points.
- assisting management, HR or occupational professionals with personal emergency evacuation plans (PEEPs)
- reporting faults and unsafe practices
- controlling the safe evacuation of their area
- supporting fire evacuation drills
- correct selection of fire extinguisher to be used
- safe use of fire extinguishers
£70 + VAT per person
In house certificate is issued on satisfactory completion – valid for 3 years.