City & Guilds 6160-05 Level 3 Supervising Teams Undertaking Work in Confined SpacesConfined Space Training
Please contact us for discounts and delegate rates.
Training can be carried out on customer premises if required.
City & Guilds
6160-05 – Level 3
Theory and Practical
Candidates must be 16 or over, have a good understanding of the
English language, and be medically fit.
6160-02 or 6160-03 pre-requisites required before attempting this qualification. If candidate holds medium risk (6160-02) they can only supervise work in or at a medium risk confined space. They can also act as entry controller. If candidate holds high risk they can supervise high, medium or low risk confined spaces and can also act as entry controller for high, medium and low risk confined spaces.
Provided by City & Guilds
Qualification is for a period of 3 years from date of issue on certificate
Number of delegates
Minimum 3 – Maximum 8
This unit is for supervisors of confined spaces and includes planning and allocating activities for a team, pre-entry procedures, entry into the confined space, exiting the confined space, how to select relevant personnel, communication arrangements required, initiation and control of emergency procedures.
Course Aims and Objectives
The aim of this unit is to follow the national occupational standard required for controlling entries and arrangements in a confined space.
The qualification is applicable for both water and non-water and may include supervising tasks for teams working in sewer treatment processes, tunnelling, construction, power, drainage and sewer systems, or where a confined space is subject to the specified risks.
• Implement and arrange procedures for teams working in the confined space
• Supervise the control of the teams entry and exit into and from the confined space
• Ensure all required procedures are adhered to by the team
• If an emergency arises to control all aspects
• Be compliant and have an understanding of health and safety protocols and legislation
• Be confident with the processes and procedures expected for the role of supervisor
• Ensure all necessary equipment is safe and suitable and has been checked and tested