City & Guilds 6160-02 Level 2 Working in Medium Risk Confined SpaceConfined Space Training
Please contact us for discounts and delegate rates.
Training can be carried out on customer premises if required.
City & Guilds
6160-02 – Level 2
Theory and Practical
Candidates must be 16 or over, have a good understanding of the
English language, and be medically fit.
Provided by City & Guilds
Qualification is for a period of 3 years from date of issue on certificate
This qualification is for those who are undertaking work in a medium risk environment and will include preparing them to work safely, both carrying out safety checks on equipment, entering and exiting the confined space in a safe manner, using all associated equipment and tools and following all procedures including dealing with emergencies.
Course Aims and Objectives
The aim of this unit is to follow the national occupational standard required for works associated within a medium risk confined space environment.
The qualification is applicable for both water and non-water and may include tasks working in sewer treatment processes, tunnelling, drainage and sewer systems, or where a confined space is subject to any of the specified risks.
• Carry out all required safety checks
• Prepare to work in a safe manner in a confined space environment
• Enter and exit the confined space following all necessary procedures
• Using associated tools and equipment in a safe manner
• Following all required working procedures to work safely
• Understand how to deal with emergencies – including the use of an escape set
• Understanding confined space workings and all associated principles and regulations.