1. Who we are?
Enviromontel Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. The GDPR will apply from 25 May 2018, when it supersedes the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
We believe in protecting the confidentiality and security of information we collect about you. This Privacy Notice is intended to bring to your attention our practices relating to the collection, processing and disclosure of personal information.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, please note that “personal information” refers to personal information relating directly or indirectly to an identifiable person in Enviromontel Ltd.
2. Personal data that we collect
To facilitate your interest in Enviromontel, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personal data only when you actively enquire about our services;
- Name, place of work, position;
- Contact information including email address;
- Postal address;
- Your interests and motives regarding our services;
- Your computer IP address;
- The method in which you found our website and;
- Various information stored in third party cookies.
The information that is processed about you is dependent on the purpose and channel of your enquiry. This includes:
- Enquiries for more information about Enviromontel;
- A complaint and;
- Job applications.
3. How we collect your personal data
We may collect your personal data when you contact us through our website, by telephone, post, email or through any other means.
4. Sensitive personal data
The GDPR provides a definition for “sensitive personal data”. This relates to information concerning a data subject’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life, or details of criminal offences.
We will not collect sensitive personal data without your explicit consent (unless we are legally entitled to do so in accordance with the GDPR).
5. How we use personal data
We will use the information held about you for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection (or as may be obvious in the context of collection). Your personal data will be used by us in the following ways:
- To respond to your enquiries;
- To send you information you have requested;
- To improve our business and the service we provide;
- To facilitate any interest in a career at Enviromontel and;
- For market research purposes.
We do not collect or compile personal data for release or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
We must have a legal reason to process your personal information. Your information will usually be processed to meet our legitimate interest to facilitate your interest in our business. In those few cases where your consent is required, this will be communicated to you at the point of collection.
6. Your rights
You have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Right to be informed
You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. There are a few circumstances when Enviromontel do not need to provide you with privacy information, such as if you have already given us information or if it would involve a disproportionate effort for us to provide it to you.
Any information we will provide will be concise, transparent, intelligible, easily accessible, and it must use clear and plain language.
Right to access your personal data
You have the right to make a subject access request. All requests must be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer. Contact details can be found in section 10.
Right to have your information corrected
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we have about you is accurate and up-to-date. If you think that the information we hold is not accurate or up- to-date, please tell us as soon as possible and we will ensure it is corrected. Please let us know if the personal data that we hold about you needs to be updated by contacting us at email@example.com or please call a member of the team on 01905 425468.
Right to be forgotten
You have a right to have your personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
Right to restrict processing
GDPR gives you the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. This means that you can limit the way that Enviromontel uses your data. This is an alternative to requesting the erasure of your data. When processing is restricted, Enviromontel are permitted to store your personal data, but not use it.
Right to data portability
The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the following things:
- Processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- Direct marketing
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling
- Automated individual decision-making is a decision made by automated means without any human involvement.
The GDPR restricts Enviromontel Ltd from making solely automated decisions, including those based on profiling, that have a legal or similarly significant effect on individuals.
7. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group who need access to that information to assist you with the purpose of your enquiry.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- That are engaged by us to provide services to us, in which case we will require those parties to keep that information confidential and secure and to use it solely for the purpose of providing the specified services to us;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by our site will be one of the transferred assets or;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to regulatory or law enforcement agencies.
8. Links to other sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to other websites, mainly those of our partners and clients, but also those of other third parties. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We have in place security measures to protect the security of your personal information and keep it confidential. We review these measures regularly to make sure they remain appropriate. We cannot guarantee the security of any third-party application you may use to transmit your data (for example, internet browsers).
We will keep your personal information for at least as long as we have a relationship with you. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal, regulatory and professional obligations.
10. Contact us
If you have any further questions about the way we manage your data you contact us on:
Call: 01905 425468.
Write: Data Protection Officer, Henwick Mill, Martley Road, Worcestershire, WR2 6RG.